View Profile juersh

32 Movie Reviews

In my review of last episode I was just a little bit disappointed, I thought this show wasn't deep enough, but I was wrong! This is great! Best episode yet! Just the way the show starts off with a connection to the last episode and has a constant yet evolving theme, pushed by that recurring line, "beautiful on the inside". This episode just had such a good pace and thematic through-line.

You know, I thought this show would just be a light funny show in space. That's what the
pilot/ep. 1 felt like, especially because they left Vela on her ship when it was over. But now it seems like she has a purpose, giving the show some heart and slowing things down and talking. Hell, when she's on the couch with Sam she makes him feel like a human character. Everything with ghostworth hits on a similar theme, although I wish the whole two ghostworths thing wasn't resolved so quickly, I'm sure him "dying" will be a recurring traumatic memory that builds character, but I don't know, I wish the two Ghostworths had talked to each other, or one of them talked to Vela, about the odd philosophical quandary of grieving over your own death / someone else who is you but also not / there suddenly being two of same person creates an abnormal situation meaning that both are offshoots of the original, but I guess that would be too much for comedy show like this one. Anyways what I'm trying to say here is that this episode cut deeper, and it was good beyond just its production value.

great work. The vibrant neon colors, mixed media/collage style, and character morphing really give this animation that dream feel that for this animation specifically felt slightly unsettling yet fun to watch. The POV shot at the beginning was great, it managed to show that weird aspect of how in some dreams arbitrary things are connected for some reason, like how raising your hand makes the waiter move away at one to one ratio, it also had a comic had a comedic tone to it like how youtube poops rewind and play back things on repeat for now reason other than it's funny. Also nice subtle reference to the "Bongcheon-Dong Ghost" webcomic.

FlumpyTripod responds:

Thank you very much, although I have no idea what the reference to Bongcheon Dong Ghost would be.

6 Game Reviews

The game made me smile, more so because it was a fun interactive experience above anything else.

This game has a lot of character. The design aesthetics and the music are both done very well. While the characters and backgrounds looked good the obstacles didn't, it's good that I could tell them apart from the background, but they could look better, they looked kinda plain. I like the tiered jumping mechanic, but I felt like the game was too short to explore its mechanics, and other mechanics could be explored like how if jumping while in the air already the cat on top would push the cat under them back down. I'd like to see more of this, sequel?

The concept is interesting and the aesthetics are solid, but I felt the game was really frustrating. Most of the time when I died it felt like it was the game's fault. The character takes too long to recover after he does anything, if he dodges he can't attack right after, if he gets attacked and survives he can't attack right after, he has to recover with the enemy right next to him, also he walks a little too slowly. It was annoying because half the time I couldn't see why I was dying, there was no closure, if die it would nice if the enemies' locations were revealed so I can see why I died. What would be cool, and ambitious, is if I could see a playback of my path and the enemies paths during the gameover screen.

Just starting out as an animator, hope to get better.

23, Male