Royal Cats Royal Cats

This game has a lot of character. The design aesthetics and the music are both done very well. While the characters and backgrounds looked good the obstacles didn't, it's good that I could tell them apart from the background, but they could look better, they looked kinda plain. I like the tiered jumping mechanic, but I felt like the game was too short to explore its mechanics, and other mechanics could be explored like how if jumping while in the air already the cat on top would push the cat under them back down. I'd like to see more of this, sequel?

Blind Blade Blind Blade

The concept is interesting and the aesthetics are solid, but I felt the game was really frustrating. Most of the time when I died it felt like it was the game's fault. The character takes too long to recover after he does anything, if he dodges he can't attack right after, if he gets attacked and survives he can't attack right after, he has to recover with the enemy right next to him, also he walks a little too slowly. It was annoying because half the time I couldn't see why I was dying, there was no closure, if die it would nice if the enemies' locations were revealed so I can see why I died. What would be cool, and ambitious, is if I could see a playback of my path and the enemies paths during the gameover screen.

Dwellers Dwellers

There's definitely something here, but it's just not quite there. It just needs more polish.

werewolf6666 responds:

Thank you! I feel the same honestly ⎝´• ﹏ •`⎠ I started late on this game jam and only had two days to finish. polish just suffered, too bad, but lots of lessons learned for an eventual sequal ^^'

Get Creamed! Get Creamed!

This was great! Even though this was more or less just a simple rhythm game it was fun, and actually pretty hard, but in the good way. I feel like the instructions picture could be better, have the arrows pointing from the middle to each enemy so that they preserve the direction of the arrow keys instead of in a circle. the instructions made the game look like it was going to be confusing, but once I started playing it was very easy to understand. I kept having trouble with the white succubus though, I think it's because her warning animation only changes her facial expression, so her silhouette/shape stays the same while both the pink and the chocolate move their hands a bit and lean forward. The pixel art style makes it a bit hard to see the warning animations too, but don't change it, the art style fits too well. Also a highscore board would be great.

'DUCKS!' 'DUCKS!'

Good music, and art . The puzzles are pretty short and simple, but enjoyable. The one thing I couldn't figure out is why spacebar needed to be used to push blocks, instead of just by walking into them, what would be nice is if characters could push and pull blocks and pull would use spacebar or some other button this would also keep blocks from getting stuck in corners. Also water duck and helium duck have too much momentum, it's nice that they're faster than brick duck, but I kept running into spikes and things when trying to stop just in front of them. Brick duck controlled fine, so just keep their speed the same but give them the same momentum/weight as brick duck.

Butzbo responds:

I didn't expect the SpaceBar-push to be bothersome, but it's something I ended up using as a quick fix due to a few issues where it was too easy to move blocks by mistake, and cornering them in the process (I also wanted a way to 'pull' them which didn't worked well for me, but it should come in handy if I expand the proyect).
Thanks for the review!, I'll get around making those movement tweaks.

Monster Book Monster Book

Great idea. This makes me feel very nostalgic. The music fits perfectly, it has that sort of happy sad sentimental feeling to it.

Anicon - Animal Complex Demo Anicon - Animal Complex Demo

Wow. I don't play these types of games very much, but I loved this. The way the characters interact with each other is very entertaining, and the art and the music great too. It all fits together very well.